In this Netskope Cloud Report™, we’ve compiled the most interesting trends on cloud app adoption and usage based on aggregated, anonymised data from the Netskope Active Platform™. Report findings are based on usage seen across millions of users in hundreds of accounts globally, and represent usage trends from January 1 through March 31, 2016.
- Three-quarters of cloud apps in use lack key capabilities to comply with the upcoming European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
- Malware continues its rise in enterprise clouds, with an average of 11.0 per cent of enterprises detecting malware in their sanctioned apps.
- 26.2 per cent of malware files discovered in sanctioned apps are shared with internal or external users or publicly.
- Enterprises have an average of 777 cloud apps in use, a slight rise from 769 last quarter. The Microsoft Office 365 suite continues to lead the pack in top-used business productivity apps, with Office 365 Outlook.com, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, Yammer, and Lync in the number 2, 3, 12, 19, and 20 spots, respectively.
- Cloud Storage apps dominate cloud DLP violations, with 73.6 per cent of the total.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter